Gearing up for a big move? At Western Moving, we get it. We’ve helped thousands of people and businesses move over the years. It can be a stressful chore. But it doesn’t need to be. There are several things you can do to make the process go smoothly. One of them is investing in a professional moving company with the know-how and experience to transport your items safely to their new destination.
You can also purchase the proper materials and supplies. In this article, we’ll take a look at 4 things to buy to make your move easier.
Let’s get started!
Let’s start with the most obvious supplies you’ll need for your move – boxes. Depending on the type of item, the box might vary. For example, here’s a look at some of the different types of moving boxes:
- 2 cu. ft. cartons – small, yet sturdy. These cartons work best for books, shoes, CD’s or other heavier items.
- 4 cu. ft. cartons – medium in size and can pack kitchenware, toys, and more average size and weight items.
- 5 cu. ft. cartons – best for lightweight, larger items such as towels, comforters, linens, pillows and cushions.
- Mirror cartons – perfect for mirrors, artwork and glass. Small and large sizes are available.
- China barrels – for the packing of dinnerware, glasses, china, electronics, and knick-knacks. These boxes are made of double-walled cardboard for strength.
- Wardrobe cartons – have a metal bar that runs across the top of the box in order for clothing, draperies and linens can be hung during transport.
- TV boxes are available for different sizes of flat-screen TV’s.
If you’re interested in purchasing moving supplies in Edmonton, check out this link.
2. Packing Tape
Packing tape is one of the first items you should buy when getting ready for a move. It will help you seal your boxes shut and make sure none of your possessions fall out during the loading, transport, or unloading phases of your move.
3. Markers and Labels
It can be fun to start the unpacking process with your family and find new spots for all of your possessions. However, it can also be a nightmare. If you don’t have the proper labels and markers, it can take hours to sort through all of your boxes to find out which items are where.
Always make sure to purchase large labels for your boxes and bags so that they can be easily identified when you begin the unpacking process. When writing labels, you should be as specific as possible and include descriptive words like “heavy” or “fragile.”
4. Cargo Straps, Rope, and Bungee Cords
You’re flying down the highway. The music is blaring. You and you’re family are excited to make it to your new home and start unpacking. The last thing you need is for any of your possessions to come loose and fly out of the box of your truck. Not only is this a safety hazard for anyone driving behind you, but it also brings the risk of damaging your possessions into play.
How do you prevent this from happening? By making sure all of your items are properly secured in your vehicle. There are many materials that can be used to do this, however, the best include ratchet straps, rope, or bungee cords.
When fastening ropes and straps, always make sure they are tight enough that they won’t come loose as you begin to drive down the highway at high speeds. It’s also always a good idea to keep checking out your back window as you drive to watch out for loose or broken straps.
Western Moving – Your Source for Moving Supplies in Edmonton
If you’re looking for moving supplies in Edmonton, Western Moving has your back – or your boxes.
We offer a full range of packing supplies, including boxes, mattress covers, packing tape, packing paper, and custom crating solutions. Contact us today to learn more!